The rich and shiny butternut squash soup is just great for a thanksgiving dinner. A silky warm cup of soup is quite a light way to start your dinner. The butternut squash puree is used to prepare the soup base. Though you can get the canned soup, but homemade is very fresh and quite easy to prepare.
To prepare this soup you need some root vegetables or chicken stock and the butternut squash puree, blend them together with and let the soup simmer. It’s so comforting and full of flavor, that your guests are going to surely love this soup. You can also add some goat cheese to make it more yummy. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and cooking time is about 30 minutes.
- 3 cups of butternut squash puree, homemade is better
- 1 stalks of chopped celery
- 2 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth or you can also use chicken stock
- 2 small chopped carrots
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Pepper or salt as per your taste
- Take a stockpot and heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Pour the celery, carrots and the diced onion and stir them until they become tender for 7-8 minutes.
- Now blend them using an immersion blender.
- Throw the sage and stir well until the vegetables become softer.
- Add the butternut squash puree and chicken stock.
- Blend this mixture until no chunks are remained.
- Add the pepper and salt and let it simmer for 20 minutes
- Add some goat cheese on the top and crumble it before serving.
Note: If you want to store it , then use an airtight container and refrigerate it, so it remains fresh for a week