Hello friends, I hope you are enjoying my recipes. Today I am going to tell you about my favorite, the delicious tomato soup. It is so simple to make and store for longer time without any change in its flavor . You can refrigerate it easily and serve hot whenever you like.
It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and cooking time is about 30 minutes.
- 3 oz cans of roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- A small bowl of chopped basil leaves
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- Pepper and salt as you like
- Take a large pot and heat up some olive oil.
- Add the garlic, onion and cook it for 2 minutes until the garlic fragrance is strong.
- Add the tomatoes and cover it for about 15 minutes, you can stir the mixture occasionally.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer it for about 10 minutes until it looks like a paste
- Add the salt, pepper and basil
- Lower the heat and and cook this paste for about 5 minutes
- Puree this tomato soup with an immersion blender and make sure that no chunks are left
- Add some grilled cheese and serve it hot.
Note: If you want to store it, then use an airtight container and refrigerate. It remains fresh for 1-2 weeks.
A great soup for winter season, specially for the persons who are feeling sick in winter. What else can give you comfort in winter than having a hot cup of soup? At least it helps to soothe your cold problem temporarily.
A classic chicken noodle soup takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes is cooking time.
The main ingredients are:
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted is better
- 5 peeled and bone-less chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 large diced onion
- 2-4 chopped carrots
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 stalks of chopped celery
- 4 oz egg noodles
- Take a large stockpot and melt the butter
- Mix carrots, celery and the onion , until they become soft for 5 minutes
- Add the chicken and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add the chicken stock, bay leaf, salt, water and dried sage to the chicken
- Let the chicken boil for 30-40 minutes.
- When it is about to cook, add the egg noodles.
- Your chicken noodle soup is ready to be served.
Caution: If you want to store it, then use an airtight container and it will remain fresh for a week.
The rich and shiny butternut squash soup is just great for a thanksgiving dinner. A silky warm cup of soup is quite a light way to start your dinner. The butternut squash puree is used to prepare the soup base. Though you can get the canned soup, but homemade is very fresh and quite easy to prepare.
To prepare this soup you need some root vegetables or chicken stock and the butternut squash puree, blend them together with and let the soup simmer. It’s so comforting and full of flavor, that your guests are going to surely love this soup. You can also add some goat cheese to make it more yummy. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and cooking time is about 30 minutes.
- 3 cups of butternut squash puree, homemade is better
- 1 stalks of chopped celery
- 2 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth or you can also use chicken stock
- 2 small chopped carrots
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Pepper or salt as per your taste
- Take a stockpot and heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Pour the celery, carrots and the diced onion and stir them until they become tender for 7-8 minutes.
- Now blend them using an immersion blender.
- Throw the sage and stir well until the vegetables become softer.
- Add the butternut squash puree and chicken stock.
- Blend this mixture until no chunks are remained.
- Add the pepper and salt and let it simmer for 20 minutes
- Add some goat cheese on the top and crumble it before serving.
Note: If you want to store it , then use an airtight container and refrigerate it, so it remains fresh for a week