A great soup for winter season, specially for the persons who are feeling sick in winter. What else can give you comfort in winter than having a hot cup of soup? At least it helps to soothe your cold problem temporarily.
A classic chicken noodle soup takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes is cooking time.
The main ingredients are:
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted is better
- 5 peeled and bone-less chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 large diced onion
- 2-4 chopped carrots
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 stalks of chopped celery
- 4 oz egg noodles
- Take a large stockpot and melt the butter
- Mix carrots, celery and the onion , until they become soft for 5 minutes
- Add the chicken and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now add the chicken stock, bay leaf, salt, water and dried sage to the chicken
- Let the chicken boil for 30-40 minutes.
- When it is about to cook, add the egg noodles.
- Your chicken noodle soup is ready to be served.
Caution: If you want to store it, then use an airtight container and it will remain fresh for a week.