You may have tried various flavors of rice and chicken by now, but this tasty recipe will surely give a fresh and yummy twist to your food.
Usually I love to have 2 bowls of this at dinner and bring the leftover as a lunch. I am sure that you will like it over your regular lunch food. So, get ready to learn your next yummy recipe
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare and cooking time is about 1 hour.
- 1 box full of vermicelli and chicken flavored rice
- 2 large chicken pieces
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can full of sliced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 dashes of cayenne pepper
- some shredded cheese
- pepper and salt as per your taste
- Take a skillet and put the diced onion in it.
- Cut up your chicken pieces into cubes and keep aside.
- Drizzle some drops of olive oil into the onion skillet and cook it until the onions are softer
- Add the pepper and salt
- Now pour in the box of vermicelli and rice into the skillet
- Stir the mixture for 2 minutes and add some water
- Add the chicken cubes to this and boil it to a simmer and covered for about 20 minutes.
- Get another skillet and cook some chicken pieces halfway as rest of the cooking will be inside the oven.
- If you like, you can add some cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Take out the rice mixture from the oven and add the chicken from another skillet.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, green chilies and cumin
- Stir this all together and pour into a casserole dish
- Keep this in the oven for about 25 minutes
- Take it out from the oven and sprinkle some cheese over it
Your recipe is ready to be served. Enjoy your evening..