This Sunday when I woke up, I was leftover with a lot of pending work at home. I was in no mood to cook the regular dishes. I checked my refrigerator and found some potatoes. I thought to have some experiment with them and planned a sweet potatoes recipe. This is not a regular dish that you see on a Thanksgiving table.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to be prepared and cooking time is 1 hour.
- 2 pounds of peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of lukewarm milk
- 2 tbsp. of melted butter, unsalted is good
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped sage
- Pepper and salt as per your taste
- Get an oven preheated up to 350 degrees and
- Take the cooking spray and grease a 2-quart casserole dish with it.
- Take a large pot and boil some water with some salt
- Add the sweet potatoes. Cook it for about 10 minutes
- Now drain the water from the potatoes and mash it together with a potato masher in a pot
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter and add the chopped sage to it.
- Cook this until you smell its fragrance.
- Now pour the mixture of butter and milk over the potatoes and stir it well
- Take a small bowl and melt the remaining butter and mix it well until the breadcrumbs have been moisturized
- Now pour this mixture into a casserole dish and gently sprinkle some more breadcrumbs over it
- Now cook it for about 45 minutes keeping it uncovered.
- Just make sure that it doesn’t get brownish and burned.
Your dish is ready. Serve it hot.